Thursday, March 16, 2006

Some great quotes from the movies I have seen!!!

Forrest Gump: I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both, maybe both happening at the same time.

Forrest Gump:
"Mom always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

The Gladiator:
"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

"I knew a man who once said, 'Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.'"

Marcus: "When was the last time you were home?"
Maximus: "Two years, two hundred and sixty-four days and this morning."

The Godfather:
"Good! Because a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" - Vito Corleone

The Godfather Part II:
"My father taught me many things ... keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - Michael Corleone

Gandhi:
Nehru: Bapuji, the whole country is moving.
Gandhi: Yes. but in what direction?

Vince Walker: You're an ambitious man, Mr. Gandhi.
Gandhi: I hope not.

21 Grams:
Paul Rivers:
How many lives do we live?
How many times do we die?
They say we all lose 21 grams... at the exact moment of our death.
Everyone.
And how much fits into 21 grams?
How much is lost?
When do we lose 21 grams?
How much goes with them?
How much is gained?
How much is gained?
Twenty-one grams.
The weight of a stack of five nickels.
The weight of a hummingbird.
A chocolate bar.
How much did 21 grams weigh?

A Beautiful Mind:
Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is to discover a beautiful heart.

Devil's advocate:
John Milton: Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off. He's a tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee landlord. Worship that? Never.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my fav from The Shawshank Redemption,

Letter from Andy,

Dear Red,
If you're reading this, you've gotten out. And if you've come this far, maybe you're willing to come a little further. You remember the name of the town, don't you? I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels. I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready. Remember, Red. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well.
Your friend,
Andy

8:25 AM, March 17, 2006  
Blogger vikuba said...

here is quote by my friend's father:

A stone does not know it's value. Only a blacksmith can say whether it is a rock or a diamond.

3:04 PM, April 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about,

I love my enemies to hate them better

1:13 PM, April 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, do update your site man.
Mahesh nayak

10:15 AM, May 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello abhishek what about these quotes
God Father
MICHEAL CORLEONE---"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!"


VITO CORLEONE---"I make him an offer he don't refuse."

Michael Corleone: No! Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.

Swashank Redemption

Red: Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red: [narrating] The first night's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in naked as the day you were born, skin burning and half blind from that delousing shit they throw on you, and when they put you in that cell... and those bars slam home... that's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red: These walls are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them. That's institutionalized. They send you here for life, that's exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red: [narrating] His first night in the joint, Andy Dufresne cost me two packs of cigarettes. He never made a sound.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red: [narrating] I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[on Red's harmonica playing]
Andy Dufresne: Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's a - there's a - there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch.


KISTAM MAMA

6:25 PM, September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://khgawacr.com/plia/aisv.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://svuozysh.com/ahlc/zqnu.html]Cool site[/url]

10:47 AM, September 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

10:47 AM, September 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://khgawacr.com/plia/aisv.html | http://fmoippft.com/xgvt/wqeb.html

10:48 AM, September 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://ymxmoupn.com/fgen/hjth.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://visiadmc.com/cnqm/mrey.html]Cool site[/url]

12:36 PM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

12:36 PM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://ymxmoupn.com/fgen/hjth.html | http://rdtasgfl.com/mxav/veym.html

12:36 PM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

7:58 AM, April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter